Welcome, Jump$tart National Partners!
For more than two decades, Jump$tart Coalition National Partner organizations have worked collaboratively to achieve their shared goal of #aFinLitFuture, especially for our nation’s youth. Project Groundswell and the #CheckYourSchool campaign were designed to further that effort.
How can Jump$tart National Partners and other organizations help the #CheckYourSchool campaign?
First, put on your “parent hat” and check your school!
- While you may be here in your professional capacity, chances are that you’re also a parent, grandparent, guardian, aunt, uncle, or friend to a student. Start by using the Advocacy Toolkit yourself to check your own school(s).
- If you’re not a parent and don’t have a parent-like role, you can start by checking the school you attended as a kid, the school where you volunteer, or the one you pass by when you walk your dog. “Your school” is any school you want it to be.
Engage your organization’s employees, volunteers, members, and other stakeholders.
- Now that you have checked your school, look for ways to get your employees, volunteers, members, and other stakeholders to put on their “parent hats” and use the Advocacy Toolkit to check their school(s).
- If teachers, administrators, or other educators are among your constituents—they have their own toolkit! The Implementation Toolkit will not only enable them to join the campaign, but most importantly, help them implement or augment financial education in their schools and share information with us about its status.
- Does your organization reach students directly? Great! Send them to their own Students Toolkit designed to help them play an active role in building #aFinLitFuture for themselves, while experiencing self-advocacy in the process.
Make sure we know about all of your organization’s financial education resources and programs.
- Have you submitted all of your financial education resources to the Jump$tart Clearinghouse? Do we have the most updated information? The #CheckYourSchool campaign is designed to increase demand for the financial education resources you offer. Help us help teachers find them.
- Have you (if your organization is a Jump$tart National Partner) reserved a week to be featured in our Financial Fridays e-newsletter?
Make sure we know about all of your organization’s teacher training and support initiatives.
- Is your organization providing direct teacher training? Let us know about your program, your reach, etc. by emailing CheckYourSchool@Jumpstart.org.
- Does your organization support other teacher training initiatives? Let us know! Email CheckYourSchool@Jumpstart.org with the details of how you support these efforts.
Help us promote CheckYourSchool.org and the #CheckYourSchool campaign.
- Add a link to CheckYourSchool.org to your own website, newsletter, e-mails, and other communications. Click here for some sample text. Contact us for the Check Your School graphic file and/or if we can assist you in any way.
- Promote the #CheckYourSchool campaign through your social media channels. Follow @NatlJumpStart and @CheckYourSchool on Facebook and Twitter and share our updates with your followers. Invite your friends to like and follow us, too.
- Refer your partners and associates to Jump$tart as potential National Partners, campaign participants and supporters.
Support the #CheckYourSchool campaign.
- Conduct programs, distribute materials, train teachers, volunteer, and provide financial support for school-based financial education initiatives—with special emphasis on schools where there is currently little to no financial education currently offered.
- Provide professional development/teacher training opportunities to help strengthen financial education in school and promote the Implementation Toolkit to attendees.
- Support the local #CheckYourSchool efforts led by Jump$tart’s 51 affiliated state coalitions.
- Consider supporting Jump$tart’s work with a donation, grant, or sponsorship. Learn about the many ways you can help by emailing CheckYourSchool@Jumpstart.org.